We are a freelance agency specialized in the representation of Western English-language academic, scientific and professional publishers to trade, college, institutional, professional and individual markets of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
Our main focus is on printed books, however we also offer services with regard to e-books and online non-serial publications. With a few exceptions, we are not involved in journal acquisition or subscriptions.
For traditional, cultural, geopolitical and economic reasons, the CEE countries we work in include: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
We ensure professional representation through:
- regular calling on all key trade and institutional customers
- participation in local book fairs
- local specialised exhibitions, congresses and presentations
- mailings (both printed and electronic) to trade, college, institutional, professional and individual customers
- promotion of both subject clusters and individual titles, as well as entire lists
- marketing research to locate new potential customers for our publishers' titles
- quotations and title recommendations
- customer service
- selected functions of credit control on behalf of our publishers
- assistance in forwarding local book proposals to relevant publishers
We do not:
- stock, distribute, consolidate or forward any books
- invoice customers on behalf of publishers
- deal in foreign rights, tough we can put you in touch with the competent person at a given publishing house
- make editorial decisions as to whether a given book will be accepted for publicaton with one of our publishers
- charge our CEE customers for our services
WE LIKE WHAT WE DO AND WE HOPE YOU LIKE WORKING WITH US.